*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

14 Years Ago Today

14 years ago today (May 27, 1994) I met Tim after being "pen pals" for 2 months. That is one of the happiest days of my life! A couple of months earlier my Aunt Marge (Who is my Mom's friend, not an actual aunt) told me about her nephew, Tim. She said I needed a good guy like him. She said he was sweet and kind. I asked to see a picture of him and when she showed me one I asked her for his address so I could write to him. We wrote letters back and forth for about 2 months getting to know eachother a little bit. Well I found out that he was going to be at Aunt Marge's house for Memorial Day weekend and I decided to go there and surprise him. I didn't know it, but later found out that his Mom had told him I was going to be there. Anyway, on May 27th I had been laying out in the sun. I had greasy suntan oil on me and felt like I didn't look very pretty. I wasn't planning on him coming on that day, but since he'd found out I was there, he decided to come early. When he came I was so upset, because I didn't have anytime to clean up, put my makeup on, fix my hair, I just wasn't ready. He came in and Aunt Marge introduced us. I thought he was so good looking and cool and he seemed really confident. I didn't think he would like me and he didn't really talk to me at first. I found out later that it was because he was shy. My Aunt sent us on an errand to buy something she "needed". I think she knew we needed a chance to talk. We hit it off right away and we were both head over heels for eachother. :) We talked all day and all night. The next day he took me to Walmart and bought me a fishing license and a pretty little ring with a heart on it in black hills gold. So our first date was going fishing. :) I'm so thankful that we both "caught a keeper" that weekend! That very weekend we talked about our future and getting married. 2 years later on April 27th we did just that! I thank God for bringing Tim into my life and the way He has blessed our marriage and life together! 14 years ago today, was definitely one of the happiest days of my life! Here are some pictures of us early in our relationship.









No comments: