*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, May 9, 2008

A Lot of Info About Me & Things I Love

I'm 31 years old. I'm a very happy and positive person most of the time. I love my life as a Wife and Stay-at-Home Mommy! My husband Tim and I have been married for 12 years and we say that is a good start as we know we will be together for the rest of our lives. I loved being pregnant for all of my children! Allison is our oldest daughter. She is 11 1/2 years old. Our second daughter is Clara Jo and she's 10 years old (well in a week she will be). I have always wanted a big family. When Clara started school, I talked Tim into letting us have "just one more". I wanted more than one and I knew there was only one way to get that. I prayed really hard and asked God to give me twins...And he did!!! Benjamin and Emily are our 3rd and 4th children. They just recently turned 4 years old. They will start preschool next year. This time though, there will be no new babies in the plans. I finally feel content at the size of our family. Most of the time I really enjoy the kids, but there are definitely times where I get overwhelmed and feel so challenged. I know that in the end the results will be worth all of it.

When I was younger, still in school, I loved to write poetry. I've also always kept a diary or journal since I was probably about 8 years old. I enjoy writing old-fashioned, hand written letters to my friends and loved ones. I think they are so appreciated these days. I want people to know that they are worth the effort because they are! I have not written poetry much at all in the past 10 years. At one point I had lost all of the poems I'd ever written and I think it broke my heart so much to lose that, that I didn't want to put my time into writing again. Then, a couple of years ago, my Mom found all of those poems in her basement. I was so happy and felt like a part of me had been restored. Now I just don't have very much time to myself to spend on writing poetry. I hope to get back to it someday.

I love listening to music and singing along to the radio. I've been into all different kinds of music in my life. When I was really young, I listened to country music because that's what my parents listened to. When I was 11 or 12 I started listening to pop like Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson, Madonna, and Tiffany. I joined some of my friends in a little singing group during recess that we called "The Jams". In Highschool I liked country like Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, and Reba McIntire for a while, then I guess I went to "alternative"? music for a while like Weezer (was my favorite) and Green Day. Then I got into Country again and when Tim and I were first married I listened to/watched MTV all the time. Now I love Contemporary Christian music. I very rarely listen to anything else. I love songs that praise and worship God. God has blessed me so much in my life and forgiven me for so many things. I just want to sing to Him and express my love for him in that way. I'm not a very good singer, but I love to sing and I like to sing loudly. I have fun singing and dancing with my kids. I love singing at church and I can sing loud there because there are plenty of other voices to cover mine. My heart is filled with so much joy that I feel it will burst sometimes when I sing to God. Outwardly I don't express this as much as others do, but inside I'm dancing and shining with happiness!

I love reading my Bible! I have the NIV version and it's very easy for me to read and understand. There are parts of the Bible that I still have a hard time reading, but I still read those parts and enjoy most of it. I love holding my Bible and knowing that it is the Word of God and that everything He wants me to know is in there. It makes me so happy to read about the salvation God offers us through Jesus. I'm happy that I've received it. I love going to Church and learning more. We have so many wonderful friends at church that are just like family to us. I love teaching at Church and in AWANA!

I love spending time with my whole family. We like to play board games like "Balderdash", "Outburst", "Apples to Apples", and "Cranium" brand games. I like it when we have family get togethers. We are all very social and it's fun visiting with everyone and eating good food. We laugh a lot when we are all together!

My favorite color is blue. I like sky blue, navy blue, light blue, and dark blue. I like blue skies, blue lakes, rivers, and streams, and bluebirds. I wear blue eyeshadow almost exclusively. I love finding blue sea glass on the beach. I have blue dishes. My favorite color is blue.

I like to eat flavorful food. I like Middle Eastern food the best and also enjoy Mexican and Chinese food. I have not tried Thai yet and I would really like to try Ethiopian food. I like tropical fruits like pineapples, bananas, and coconuts. I like asparagus, brussel sprouts, and broccoli. I love to grill food, especially shish kabobs. My favorite drink is coffee. I take mine with cream and sugar and prefer it with flavored creamer. I also like iced tea, sweetened of course.

I like watching lots of kinds of movies. I like watching the kind that make you cry, in a good way. I like funny movies and scary movies. I like action movies and some westerns. Some of my favorite movies are: "The Village", "Evan Almighty", "Dan in Real Life", "How to Make an American Quilt", "Steel Magnolias", "The Prestige", "Dream a Little Dream", "Lonesome Dove", "IT", "What Lies Beneath", "The Others", "Rocky I-V", "The Long Kiss Goodnight", and the entire "Little House on the Prarie" set.

I like to go fishing, but rarely get to go. I like to hunt, but have never gotten anything YET besides a squirrel and a rabbit. I like golfing, but have only gone once. I like playing softball and volleyball, but I'm not that good at either of them. I like swimming (well at least playing in the water, not athletic swimming). I like going for walks, picking wildflowers, hunting for wild morel mushrooms, looking at nature and all of it's beauty. I am getting a motorcycle soon. It's a Honda Rebel. I'm excited but nervous about learning to ride it. We have a mini bike that I like to ride.

I like taking pictures. I like to take pictures of people and nature mostly. I have tons of pictures that I've taken my whole life. I hope someday to get them all organized.

I like to read, but besides the Bible, I don't take time often to read. I have read all of the "Little House on the Prairie" books. I read one or two Stephen King books, but while I like the suspense in them, I find myself very offended by the bad language and such, so I don't read them any more. I recently read "The Secret Lives of Bees" which was ok. Mostly it made me want to start a honey farm and raise bees. I like to read biographies because I love learning about people and who they really are. I was amazed when I read Helen Keller's "The Story of my Life". I think I hadn't realized that she was both blind and deaf! I am amazed that she and others like her are able to learn to understand people. It was very inspiring to read her story.

On TV I like to watch PBS a lot. I liked the recent show called "Carrier" about a Navy Carrier ship. I like to watch documentaries on PBS because I love learning about different people, places, and animals. I liked watching the show "Heroes" when it was on, although it was getting a little too gory at the end. I like watching "E.R."

Well, I'm going to close for now because I need to tend to the house and the kids. It's getting a little crazy around here. It IS Friday though, so we are all very happy around here. I hope anyone reading this will have a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

No comments: