*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday July 18, 2008

Summer break is about half way over now. We have been enjoying it though. It seems like we've been pretty busy most of the time. We go to the library often. All of the kids like to play on the computers there. Even Ben and Emily can play games there. Ben most likes a game called "Chicken Hunter" where he gets to shoot chickens. Emily likes a matching game best. We check out books of course too. Allison just finished reading all of the Lemony Snicket books. There are 13 of them! Clara has been enjoying Shel Silverstein. Ben likes to find books about cars or superheroes. Emily likes to get books about princesses. :) Usually I check books out too, but right now I have too many books of my own that I haven't read yet. I've been getting up early to read my Bible every morning. I love that quiet time for just me and God. I read the Bible from front to back and I'm in 2nd Chronicles right now.

The kids have been playing in their slip and slide a lot lately. It's been really hot outside! I bought a really small wading pool the other day and the kids had fun cooling off in that yesterday. I would like to buy a big pool that we could all play in, but besides not having the money for it, Tim doesn't like all the maintenance of a pool.

The past couple of days have been rainy, but it's still been pretty warm. I took a walk with the kids the other day and by the time we got home, poor little Benny's face was so red! I try to keep an eye on the kids and make sure they drink enough water in the summer so they won't get dehydrated.

Ben has to go to the dentist today to get a cavity filled. We may go to the Farmer's Market while we're in town too. I've really been wanting some fresh tomatoes! Maybe we will go to the park or something today too. It will depend some on the weather as it's raining again right now. :) The rain is good though! It makes the flowers and those yummy tomatoes grow! :)

Last night we went over to my Mom and Dad's house for a while to visit with them and my sister Tricia and her husband, Bum. (His name is Brandon, but he's been called "Bum" since he was little and we are just used to calling him that.) Trish and Bum just bought a Wii game and they brought it over to show us. I didn't actually get to play any games on it, but I did create a little character and that was fun. I watched Mom, Dad, Trish, and Bum play a bowling game and some of them played a tennis game.

Well, I guess I will close for now. It's 9:40am already and all of the kids are still sleeping! :) I love my morning quiet time! :) I hope we all have a great day!

No comments: