*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Good Wednesday

I had a really nice day today! I slept in until around 9:30am. I did a load of laundry and hung it up outside on the new clothesline. :) It's nice to get out first thing in the morning and smell the fresh air. The sun was shining all day today and the warm breeze was blowing.

Around noon, I took the kids over to my Mom's house and she watched them so I could go out to lunch with my friend, Mary. We went to the coffee shop in town and had a really nice visit for about an hour. We go to Church together and teach there together, but we never really get to just chat. It was really nice to get to know eachother a little better.

When I got home, I picked the kids up from my Mom's house and then we went and picked up Allison's best friend, Olivia. We came back home for a while and the kids played outside in the wading pool for a while. I fixed a nice dinner of chicken, green beans, and macaroni and cheese. After dinner, Clara left with my Mom to go to Vacation Bible School at my Mom and Dad's Church. Tim got home from work just a little bit after 6pm and then I took Allison and Olivia to Youth Group at our Church. After I dropped them off there, I went to visit my sister, Tricia for a little while. We played tennis and bowling on her Wii game and got to visit a little bit. I had to leave a little before 8pm to pick the girls up from Church. Then Allison, Olivia, and I went shopping to get a few things we needed and some snacks. :) We rented a movie and the kids are all watching that now.

Tomorrow we'll be going to the reading program at the library. I'm not sure what the activity is for tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll have a nice time there. Tomorrow night we'll be going to the VBS program at my Mom's Church. They are having a little carnival I guess for their final night. Clara's excited about it.

Oh, and thinking of Clara... we did have a little bad news today. This morning when Clara went to feed her hamster, Snowball, she discovered that she was dead. :( Poor Clara is so sensitive and she was really upset about it. I felt so bad for her. We fixed the hamster up really nice though on a pink washcloth in a check box. We dug a hole under the new back porch and buried her there. I made a little popsicle stick cross that reads "Snowball, beloved hamster and friend" and Clara put some flowers on top of the grave. Clara got the hamster sometime in December or January. I'm surprised that it died so soon, but I guess it happens. I don't think we'll get another one for Clara. Allison still has her hamster and Allison told Clara that she could have one of the new bunnies for her own. Clara was happy about that.

Well, that was my Wednesday. For the most part it was a very nice day! I hope tomorrow will be a great day too. :)

No comments: