*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Beautiful Day!

I had a beautiful day today! I got up at 5:30am and took a nice hot shower. It was so cold this morning in the house. I woke the kids up at 6:00am and got them dressed and drove them to their cousin's house where they get on the bus. Then I had a nice cup of coffee and a visit with my sister-in-law, Kim. She always pours me a nice big cup and puts just the right amount of flavored creamer in it. :) I took my niece, Tara, to school at 7:45am for a meeting she had.

Then I went up to my sister, Tricia's house and visited with her for a little bit. We went to the coffee shop and she had coffee and I had a peach muffin top. It was really yummy. I took her back to her house and then I went to my Bible study.

Bible study went really well and I made a couple of new friends, which I am really excited about! It is so good to talk to people who are similar to me and have the same struggles and desires. I love the group of ladies in the Bible study because they are all so supportive and encouraging. I learn a lot from listening to them.

After Bible study, I went back to Tricia's and we went to the farmer's market. There were so many yummy fruits and veggies there and pretty flower boquets. I like the little pumpkins that one lady paints up with cute faces and puts a bow on their "head". I bought some beautiful Indian corn. I'm not one to decorate very much, but I mostly bought it just because it was so pretty and I like to look at it. I will probably do nothing more with it than to just sit it on the counter and look at it. :) I also bought a squash. I forget what kind it is. It's dark orange and kind of squattier than a pumpkin. I bought some last year and loved them even though I don't usually like squash like that. I also bought some homemade sheeps milk soap. I felt compelled to buy it because it smelled really good and it had shea butter in it. If it's got shea in it, it has to be good right? :) Oh, and I also bought some huge sweet hot peppers. I'm not sure what I'll do with all of them because there were so many, but again, they just looked really pretty. I do like peppers though. I'll probably make some salsa and freeze the rest of the peppers for later.

After the farmer's market, Trish and I went out to lunch. She had a grilled roasted veggie sandwich and I had a grilled ham and cheese with onions and apples on it. It might sound a little different, but it really tastes good! We both had a cup of chili too that was made from elk, lamb, and bison burger. That was also yummy.

Trish and I went to the Dollar store and got a few things there. We had time to go into Claire's for about 5 minutes. It is probably good that we had so little time to go there because we both really like the stuff in that store and would have likely bought a bunch if we had stayed longer. We managed to just look today though an didn't buy anything.

I took Tricia back home and then I came home right before Clara, Ben, and Emily got home from school. I was supposed to have a meeting at church tonight, but it got rescheduled. I was kind of glad that it got rescheduled because I just wanted to relax. I made a nice dinner and just got to rest for a little bit. I read some new books to Emily and looked at a book my sister loaned me called "Earth From Above" by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. It has some really amazing photos in it from all over the world taken from above (in a plane or helicopter).

Tim and Ben went squirrel hunting and got a squirrel. I think Benny feels like such a big boy when Daddy lets him go hunting with him. Yesterday was opening day for small game and they went out then too. Tim got a squirrel yesterday too and let Ben carry it back to show us. I don't really like it when Tim shoots squirrels. We believe in eating what we shoot. I love eating venison, but I don't like cooking squirrels. They taste ok, but I don't like the way they look when they are skinned. I'd prefer Tim to only shoot deer, but I will cook the squirrels for him anyway. (I probably won't eat any of it though). :) Oh, and speaking of things I won't eat...Tim's chickens have finally started laying eggs. Actually only one hen has started laying eggs. They are cute little white eggs. I know they are good, but I just can't bring myself to eat anything other than store bought eggs. It is just something silly in my brain I guess but I especially won't eat brown eggs, even if they do come from the store. It drives Tim nuts, but I can't help it. I'm even kind of picky with my store bought white eggs. I can't eat them unless I take out all the white squiggly things. I do eat them boiled though and I know the squigglies are boiled in there too, but it doesn't bother me then. I know I'm weird, but at least it's not really anything too serious. I suppose I could eat them if I HAD to. :)

Anyway, today was just a great day all around. The sun was shining and I felt so happy! It was nice to spend time with my sister and nice to meet some new friends today.


No comments: