*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God is Always Good!

The past couple of weeks have been so different for us! Tim and I have had so much time together since he quit working on April 6th. We have had some wonderful conversations and have been sharing lots of fun and happy moments together.

We feel SO happy! We both have such a strong faith in God and Love Him so much! We trust Him with everything and it has just given us this Awesome Peace! It doesn't make sense to me for people to be so happy in such a situation, but we truly are.

Tim has not seen the doctors again since he went to U of M in March. His lung diffusion capacity could be another 2% lower by now (it was 29% in March and consistently dropping 2% per month for the past 9 months), but we won't know until he is tested again. We felt it best that Tim quit working even though we have no other means of income at this time. It just seemed that he would be healthier and happier to be home now. I think he has definitely been happier although he misses his friends at work. We are not concerned about finances. We know God will take care of us in many ways. We are confident that we will be able to get disability even if it takes some time.

We have prayed for so long that God would touch Tim and heal his lungs completely. We know that He can do that if it is His Will. We have prayed expectantly, believing that in the next moment Tim would take a full breath and be healed. I've laid hands on him and prayed while he's slept, totally knowing that the next morning he could rise and be well. That has not happened yet. We know that God can do it, but He may not choose to do it. We are ok with that. We are hopeful that God will use a lung transplant to heal Tim. Tim hasn't gotten on the waiting list, but hopefully will be doing that soon. We pray that he has time to wait for lungs and that they will be provided. We trust God completely. We know that another way he may heal Tim is by taking him to live in Heaven with Him. We have no doubt at all that Tim will definitely be fully restored there if not sooner!

We know, we know without the slightest doubt, that God Loves Us! We know that he loves us and wants good things for us. We know he is not trying to hurt us or punish us. We know that His Ways are NOT our ways. We know that His Way is so much better than our way. We trust Him in that. We trust His good and perfect plan. We want His Will to be done. We only pray that God uses us and our situation to witness to others and to show them the strength and hope that only comes through Jesus Christ! We feel that what we are going through can and is making us stronger. It makes us individually stronger, it makes us stronger as husband and wife, and it is making us stronger in our faith. We know that our situation really may have nothing at all to do with us. It may be something that God is using to benefit someone else.

Tim and I and all 4 of our children have accepted Jesus as our Savior. We know that He is the Son of God. We know he died on a cross for our sins and was buried and that he rose again and is living in Heaven, preparing a place for us. Because we know that, we are secure in our life. We have eternal life with God. Others in our life do not have that security. We pray that God uses us to affect others so that they will know the Love of God. We just want to be used by Him in whatever way He chooses because that is the best way.

Monday, Tim and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary! His parents recently celebrated their 39th. We think it's cool that we are married exactly 1/3 of what they have been. We feel that 13 years is a good start to our forever together! We are hopeful that we will grow old together, raising our children, loving eachother, and serving God.

We will never doubt or question God. We will rely on Him knowing that only in our weakness can His strength be our strength. We will praise Him forever and thank Him for all that we have been blessed with including the trials he lets us go through.

Please pray for Tim, that he will get on the list soon. Pray that he will be able to have the double lung transplant and that it will be a new start for him. Pray for comfort for our loving family and dear friends. Pray that others will have the peace we have. Pray that we do not fail in our faith, but that we always keep believing in the goodness of God. We know that no matter what happens, God is Always Good!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi Shea,

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I read your post and your faith is inspiring. I also know that through the atonement, we can return into God's presence. I was just like you.....knew God could heal me if that was his will. I am glad that the Lord allowed me to learn so much in such a short time. I grew more than I could have if I had not endured my transplant. I didn't have the strength to endure my trials on my own...we can't do it alone. Be strong. I found a song that seriously spoke to my soul and gave me strength when I had none. Josh Groban's "You are Loved" It's powerful! Keep me posted. You and your husband have a grand calling and you will inspire many. Keep spreading your faith and love!