*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Walk to the River

Last weekend the kids and I went to my Mom and Dad's house and walked back to the river with them.  It was a beautiful day!  Dad showed us lots of little "falls" and streams that I hadn't seen before.  Here are a few pictures from the day.  :)

Walking through the pines

Ben and Emily in a tree

A pretty purple wildflower



I thought this curvy root was pretty cool.

A mossy log, it looks a mile long. 

We saw two of these ant clusters.  They weren't on an ant hill or anything.  Dad said they huddle like that to keep warm.

This pine tree is huge and probably really old.  Dad just had to climb it! :)

Allison loves all animals so she could resist picking up this little guy.

Mom, Allison, Clara, Emily, and Ben and the puddingstone.  My Mom has always wanted to take this rock home with her.  We wonder how big the part underground is.

Puddingstones are cool because they have all kinds of little rocks in them.  Weird. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puddingstone_(rock)


Our little Emily is just so adorable!  I can never resist taking pictures of her.

We came upon this Blue Racer and Mom and Dad's friend, Brian, had to pick it up!  It is kind of pretty.

I thought this moss was cool.

This is actually back at Mom and Dad's house.  I forget what kind of flowering tree this is.  Pretty though.  :)

No comments: