*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Third Polar Swim

 I'm calling it a Polar Swim because we are staying in a bit, not just dipping in and out.

Yesterday March 3rd, Chris and I did our 3rd swim for the year. He actually stayed in for 2 minutes! I stayed in for a minute and 20 seconds. We both know that we can stay in longer physically and mentally. We WANT to, but we are trying to make sure we stay safe and do it gradually even though we want to stay in longer now. 

I'm not joking at all when I say, it really isn't bad after the initial shock from jumping in. Think of it, often in the winter, the water is warmer than the air. Yesterday might have been close. It was about 40 degrees in the air. I'm not sure how warm the water is, but it has to be warmer than 32 or it would be ice.

I was a little worried about Allison jumping in yesterday because she is so small. She did really well though and she liked it too. She didn't stay in too long but long enough to overcome the shock and be able to talk. 





















1 comment:

Christopherwatrous said...

I really love that Allison enjoyed it!!!! We have an actual polar club!! You, Allison and me!!!