*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Monday, April 5, 2021

Still Swimming!!!!

 We have a name for our Polar Dipping/Swimming/Chilling Club...

Calm, Cool, and Collected: A Celebration

We have a page on instagram if you want to follow it. It's called:

CalmCoolCollectedACelebration

I discovered that "A Celebration" is the name given to a group of Polar Bears. It seemed fitting also because we are Celebrating! We are celebrating our friendships, life, nature, icy cold water, and so much more!

We have been adding members too!! My friend Chris and I were the starting members. My children Allison, Clara, Emily, and Ben have all done it a few times now too. My youngest son, Jesse wants to go in so badly. He has been taking cold showers and has been in the lakes up to his knees at the most. I'm just a little nervous of him taking it on too quickly as he's only 8 years old.

We talked to a man and his son Dylan one day about what we were doing and the next day, Dylan joined us. He's a young teenager but he went full in, under the water and everything. He stayed in for quite a few minutes too and that was his first time!

Chris has been swimming 31 times now including our first dip on February 27th and I've been in 28 times!  Our longest stay so far was at Lake Billings in Manton, MI. Chris and I stayed in for 16 minutes, splashing, swimming, loving it as much as in summer. I floated on my back and just stared at the beautiful blue sky above me. I love listening to the sound of the water swishing around. 

Last weekend, I was in the Upper Peninsula with some of my kids. I got to swim in Lake Superior (The coldest lake in the U.S) and Lake Huron. I also swam in Lake Michigan in March. I hope to swim in Lake Ontario and Lake Erie as well to complete the Great Lakes Collection.

I am really loving this! There have been only a couple of days where I felt a little bit off about it and that's because they were super windy days. I don't like the wind. It's a challenge though that I hope to overcome and embrace. Some people think we are crazy, and maybe we are, but your body really does adapt to the cold and amazingly quickly too. It feels good, the coolness of the water, the sun on your face as your body is submerged in cold, the sound of nature all around.

Here are some of my favorite photos from these adventurous days. 

I am loving this!!!

Center Lake Tustin, MI

Center Lake Tustin, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI St. Patrick's Day


Clam River Lake City, MI


Lake Cadillac in Cadillac, MI


Lake Michigan Ludington, MI


Lincoln Lake Ludington, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI


Center Lake Tustin, MI


Lake Billing, Manton, MI


Clam River Lake City, MI

A muddy clay river in Dafter Twp. in the Upper Peninsula of MI

Lake Superior Paradise, MI

Lake Huron St. Ignace, MI

Lincoln Lake Ludington, MI

Center Lake Tustin, MI

Center Lake Tustin, MI



No comments: