*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

MUD!

I finally planted my garden this morning! I planted it all with corn. I'm hoping that Tim will till me another garden to plant the rest of the stuff in. When I was done with the garden, I decided to clean out the kids' sandbox. It is full of weeds and not much fun to play in like that. At first I was just digging and pulling out the weeds. Then Allison wanted to play in mud, so I decided to flood the sandbox and let the kids play in it while I pulled weeds out of the soft mud. It was still actually pretty hard to pull the weeds out, but it was a lot of fun playing in the mud. I think we should do that more often. :) Allison, Ben, and Emily all got good and muddy, but a quick spray of the garden hose and they were nearly clean. We all took showers and baths when we came in the house.

When we lived down by Detroit, there was a Wayne County Mud Day every year. I took Allison and Clara to it once when they were about 4 and 3 years old. It was at a park and they had brought in truckloads of dirt. Then firetrucks came and sprayed it all down with their hoses. It was the biggest mud puddle you've ever seen! I thought it was so cool, but at the time Allison and Clara didn't agree and they barely got their toes muddy. Now I think they would be diving in like most of the other kids were. Anyway, it was good "clean" fun. :)

No comments: