*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Thursday, July 31, 2008

VBS, Playdate, and Library Program

Last night was our first night of Vacation Bible School at Church. Usually we do a week long VBS, but this year we are doing something different. We are having a soccer camp/VBS on Wednesday nights for 5 weeks. Last night went really well. A lot of kids came and everyone had a good time. I was in the nursery with a couple of other adults and 9 kids. Besides learning about playing soccer, the kids also have singing, snacks, and watch a skit. I hope the next few weeks go really well.

This morning we went to our friend's house along with some other Moms from Church and their Children for a get together. It was nice. It was such a beautiful day outside, so we stayed out there. There were 7 Moms and 20 Children. The kids played on a swingset, hunted for bugs and frogs, kicked a soccer ball around and just had fun playing in the yard. Us Moms got to visit and catch up with eachother. We all go to Church together, but we don't always have a lot of time to just visit there. We ate lunch there before heading home.

This afternoon I took the kids to the reading program at the library. Today there was a lady there who talked all about bugs and insects. The kids all seemed really interested and enjoyed looking at the different bugs that she'd brought along. They decorated small size take out boxes as bugs. They also had a nice snack there and won prizes. Clara won a $5 gift card to Walmart and the other kids won some toys.

Now we are at home and just relaxing for a little while. We are going to go over to my Mom and Dad's house later for dinner. Allison, Ben, and Emily are outside playing in the pool right now. Clara is watching "Little House on the Prairie"; and I'm thinking about taking a little nap. :)

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

It sounds like you're all making the best of the summer break. You're such a good mom. I'm glad you're getting to spend more time with your friends lately too. I love you.