*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-08

The eighth day of the eighth month of the eighth year of 2000. :) (I wish I were posting at 8:08pm) :)

I was at the store today and a lady was saying that her friend had a baby today. She said it weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. One ounce off from being 8lbs 8oz born on 8-8-08 Still kind of cool though.

We've been pretty busy the past few days. VBS was on Wednesday night. That's going really well. I've been helping in the nursery. It's fun to see all the little kids playing and to visit with the other Moms working in there. This Wednesday we had only 7 kids (2 of which were mine) and 6 adults. :)

Yesterday (Thursday) we went to the reading program at the library. This time there was a nutritionist there telling the kids about eating right and exercising. She had them play a scavenger type exercise game outside and they had fun doing that.

My kids have really been wanting to go swimming. I wanted to take them yesterday but then it was kind of cool, cloudy, and windy. They begged and begged so I drove them about 20 minutes to the lake. As soon as we pulled in and parked and as soon as I turned the key to turn the van off, Rain started pouring down! They still wanted to swim, but I didn't want them too. I told them if we got home and it wasn't thundering and lighteninging (probably not a word, but you know what I mean) then they could play in the rain. Of course, by the time we got back home it wasn't raining anymore. They decided to go outside anyways and play in the water hose. :)

Tonight the kids and I dropped Allison off with the Youth Group to go miniature golfing. We had about 3 hours until we had to pick her back up, so we went out to dinner and then grocery shopping. We bought a small pool that was on clearance for $38.00 . It's 30 inches deep with an 8 foot diameter, but it will be big enough to cool off in and bigger than the wading pool they've been playing in.

Tim has the weekend off from work. (Sometimes he works on Saturdays). I'm hoping to do some cleaning around the house and maybe sorting through things to reorganize and get rid of some stuff. I need to clean the van out too. Hopefully I will get that stuff done or at least get some of it done.

I've been enjoying the blue skies and white fluffy clouds lately. I had to take a picture of them today. So here it is.


I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

No comments: