*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, September 26, 2008

Dentist visit, Tim's birthday, and "take me some venison;"

I took Allison to get a tooth pulled yesterday morning. I couldn't believe how quickly and easily the dentist took the tooth out. I've never had it done or seen it done before. I thought she would cut it out or else really yank it out, but it appeared that she just grabbed it with her tweezers and gently pulled it right out. It was a baby tooth, so maybe that's why it came out so easy. Allison did really well and didn't have any problems. All 4 of the kids have had something done with their teeth that they had to get numbed for. None of them even realize that the dentist gave them shots in their mouths though. She puts the numbing gel on first and then she is so sneaky with the needle that they never see it. I'm not going to tell them either.

After the dentist appointment, Allison and I went and visited my sister, Tricia for a while. We had lunch and then went and did a little bit of birthday shopping for Tim. I got him the first season of "The Dukes of Hazzard", a motorcycle movie that Al picked out, and some candy (Hot Tamales, Lemon Heads, and Whoppers). Allison and I got back home just in time for Clara and the twins to get home from school.

Yesterday was Tim's birthday. My Mom watched the kids last night while Tim and I took a motorcycle ride and went out to eat at Applebees. We had such a nice ride. It wasn't freezing cold this time! I'm hoping that the weather will stay nice enough so we can go on a ride for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

We had a nice dinner at Applebees. Tim had what he always has there, the Bourbon St. Steak. I had a trio of shrimp, buffalo wings, and spinach artichoke dip with chips. It was all good. :) We got back home around 8pm. The kids and I gave Tim his cards and presents yesterday, but we didn't have cake yet. His Mom just came up late last night so we're going to have cake and icecream with them tonight.

I watched "The Office" last night. That show is so cooky, but it's funny most of the time. I watched "E.R" after that and was bawling at the end of it! I couldn't believe that Pratt died! It seems like that show always ends with unanswered questions though, that they don't answer even in the next episode. Last night I wondered what was up with Abbey's foot. She never did get it checked out. What about the hero guy that saved the old lady. What was that really all about?

Anyway, that was my day yesterday. Today I'm trying to get the house cleaned up for dinner and dessert tonight with the family.

Allison gets to go hunting for the first time tomorrow. There is a special Youth hunt just for this weekend. She's hunting with a bow and arrow and she is really good at it. I hope she gets one. She will be so proud and we will be so proud of her. We are all hungry for venison too, so I hope she gets a big one.

(From the King James Version)
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

No comments: