*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mystery Dinner Ride

Last night our chapter of CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) went on their monthly mystery dinner ride. The group meets at 6:30 pm and then we all follow the leader to the mystery dinner place. It was Clara's turn to go with Tim, but for $3.00 she said I could go. :) Tim and I rode 30 miles along with my Dad to the meeting place in town. Then we went with the other 7 people on another 30-40 minute ride to the restaraunt. The ride there was really nice. The sun was shining then. The air was so cool but it felt so good rushing against my face and smelled like cool water. One thing I really notice riding on the motorcycle is different smells in the air. We passed by a sweet smelling freshly cut lawn. Certain fields had fragrant smelling wild flowers. I also smelled wood smoke from a campfire. I love breathing in those smells deeply as we pass those spots! Other places, I wanted to hold my breath, like the dairy farms or the spot where there was a dead skunk on the road. :) We got to our destination and had a great time visiting with everyone as we ate dinner. Most of us drank hot coffee which warmed our hands and our bodies. It's fun getting to know people better and fun for Tim and I to get to do something like that together.

By the time we left the restaraunt to head home, it was dark out. It was about 9:00 pm then. With the sun gone, the air was bitter cold, and not as pleasant as it had been earlier. I added another jacket to my layers as well as a pair of gloves and a bandana on my face. We made it home about 10:00 pm, tired, freezing cold, but with a happy and content spirit. I'm so glad that I went with Tim. I'm really excited about being in the CMA and going on all of these rides! I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends and riding on the bike with my husband.

No comments: