*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Whole Family Will Be Together In Heaven!

Friday September 19, 2008

I am so happy today! Today I was so honored to lead our little Emily to accept Jesus as her Savior! :)

We (Ben, Emily, and I) were talking about Heaven. I said that I was going to go there someday because I am a Christian. Ben said he was too, because a couple of days ago Daddy had prayed with him to accept Jesus into his heart. :) Emily asked if she would go to Heaven. I told her that she would if she became a Christian. I took her and Ben and sat down with them with my Bible (My precious Bible), God's Holy Word. I reminded them that the Bible is inspired by God and He told men what to write. I reminded them that everything in the Bible is true because God is perfect and he cannot lie. Then I went through some verses with them, explaining each one as I read them.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (I explained that we are all sinners from the time we are born and that sin is when we do things that God doesn't want us to do such as lying, cheating, hurting people, and disobeying. I told them that even Mommy and Daddy are sinners)

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (I explained that because we are sinners we will be separated from God when we die and won't go to heaven. But then I told them that God made a way for us to get to heaven in Jesus.)

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (I reminded them of how God loves us even when we are sinners and showed us that by sending Jesus to die for our sins. I told them that Jesus was perfect and never sinned)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (I explained to them that Jesus is God's only son and that God sent him for us so that we wouldn't have to die [be separated from God] and we could live forever in Heaven with God.)

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (I asked them to say that Jesus is the Lord and asked them if they believe that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after he died. They said that they did know that.)

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, (I explained to them that since they said that Jesus is their Lord that now when they sin, God can forgive them if they ask him to because of Jesus.)

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! (I explained that if God forgave us when we were still sinners because Jesus died for our sins then he will even forgive us now when Jesus is alive in Heaven)

Then I asked Emily if she wanted to pray to God. She said that she wanted to go to Heaven, but didn't want to pray right now. Then Ben said a prayer and in his prayer he asked God that Emily would pray. Then Emily prayed and told God that she believes in him, that she knows she is a sinner, and she thanked him for sending Jesus to die for her sins.

Emily saw me crying and I always tell them that sometimes when Mommy is happy, she cries. Emily started crying too and said "Stop! Oh, you're making me so happy!" :)

I told Ben and Emily that when you become a Christian, God says that we are born again. So, tonight, we had a birthday party for Ben and Emily! I made cake (Angel food cake by coincidence). Emily said she wanted presents. I reminded her that God's gift to her was eternal life with him in Heaven. (and I bought her and Ben some candy and some bracelets and a necklace for her). :) They were so happy today, especially Emily. She called quite a few people to tell them the Good News. When she would get on the phone she would say "It's my birthday!" and eventually explain that she was saved today.

Tim was with Ben when he got saved the other day, so I don't know all of the little details.

What a good feeling it is to know that everyone in our house will one day be in Heaven together. I told Ben and Emily how wonderful Heaven is. I told them that we won't need medicine or bandaids there. I told them no one will ever be sad or mad or mean in Heaven. They asked if there would be toys there. I said that God would make sure that they were happy there. Emily said she wanted to go there now because it was boring here. I told her that God will take us there when he wants us to be there. :)

1 comment:

imheatherstrom said...

What a beautiful story, and well written--I almost started crying too. Tell Emily a lot of people want to go to heaven right away--I can hardly wait; it's going to be so glorious!!!! But I'll stay here until my journey on earth is over. Anyway, I would hate for my family to have to endure losing me. It would hurt them so. I wish we could all go at once! Actually, that could happen, and soon. I expect the end is very near! :-)