*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday January 19, 2009

Well, so far 2009 is going pretty good. The kids are back in school. It's been really cold lately. The kids haven't been able to play outside very much because it's so cold! The sun came out today though and it was beautiful! It was nice to see some blue sky. The trees had snow crystals on them. I took a couple pictures of some of them. I also took some pictures of snowflakes on our front porch.

I spent some time with my Mom and Dad today. We went shopping and then out to lunch. It was nice even though I had a lot of housework that I should have done. Dad really had to twist my arm to go. I was still in my pajamas when he called and said "We'll be there in 5 minutes to pick you up." I don't know if I've ever gotten ready so quickly! I washed my face, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and even had time to put on my makeup before putting my hair into a ponytail. I was ready and waiting for a few minutes before they got to my house. :) It just seems like we haven't gotten to get out very much lately, so it was nice to get away from the house for a while.

Tim is working late tonight. It's 9:30pm now. I'm not sure what time he'll be home, but I hope it's soon. The kids and I went over to my parent's house for about an hour tonight. My Dad had bought some Chinese finger torture toys and wanted to see how Benny would react to them. His fingers were so small though that it didn't really keep him trapped for long.

There really is not anything new going on lately, so that's why I haven't been posting. I've been trying to keep up with my Bible reading and I'm doing pretty good with that. I'm in Ezekial right now.

Some of our friends from Church invited us over for dinner last week. This family started coming to church months ago and Tim got to talking to the mom and found out that she and her brother had gone to Elementary school with Tim. Her brother was in Tim's class. She invited us over last week because her brother and his family was coming for dinner. It was nice for Tim to get to catch up with his old friend and I really enjoyed meeting them and spending time with our new friends. We had 13 kids there between our 3 families! It was a really nice time. The kids had fun playing together and we got to visit. Our friend made a yummy turkey dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, bread, and a yummy oreo pudding pie dessert. We didn't want to leave, but we finally did around 9:00pm. I hope we can have them over to our house sometime soon.

My sister Tricia got a tattoo last Wednesday. I went with her while she got it done. It took 4 hours though and I could only stay for the first 1 1/2 hours. She got a tattoo on the top of her foot. It's of a fairy. I guess she has wanted it for about 6 years.

Well, that's all I can think of right now to post. Hopefully, there will be some fun things coming up soon. :)



2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Shea! Just wanted to let you know I am reading your blog :)

sarah jane said...

i love your snow pics. makes me almost enjoy winter!