*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The need for change (in my house)

Brrr, it sure has been cold lately! The sun was shining yesterday, but today it's gone again. It's snowing lightly right now. I got up late this morning so I had to drive all of the kids to school. I just can't seem to get motivated to do much today. I've been working on dishes and laundry (as I do EVERY day). I talked to a couple of my sisters earlier today.

I really want to start decorating in the house. I want to do some painting and just make things look nicer than they do now. The kids' rooms are so small and cramped, but I think if I try hard I could do something cute for them. The one room has 2 sets of bunk beds in it along with a dresser and a bookshelf (actually an old headboard bookshelf). There are also some toys in there. I want to figure a way to make more room in there. I might take one of the bunk beds out and put it in Allison's room. I could put the toys in boxes that slide under the bed. Maybe we could put up a bookshelf on the wall in there so that it wouldn't take up floor space.

Allison's room (which she just sort of claimed) has a lot of stuff in it and it's really really small. She has been sleeping on a love seat sofa in there. There's also a huge dresser, a bookshelf, a play kitchen, a big bin of toys (Ben and Emily's), a stack of plastic drawers, and a hamster. We had all 4 kids in one room, but she really wants and needs her own space. I wish they all could have more room.

We are trying to get by with what we have, but it is hard sometimes. I wish we had just one more bedroom. We don't really have any storage space in the house either. There is a closet in our bedroom, but it's already full. That's the only closet in the house. We don't have a garage or basement either. We do have a little shed outside, which is full of storage bins, and Tim's stuff like the lawn mower, bikes, and things like that. We've thought about getting another shed.

Anyway, I just wouldn't mind our little bit of space so much if it had a little more personality. It could be cute and cozy instead of cramped and cluttered. :)

I hope the sun will come out again tomorrow and that I will be motivated to start making some changes.

1 comment:

sarah jane said...

shea!

i would love to come help you decorate!! it's my favoritest thing (besides eating, unfortunately!)

i don't have storage space, either. we have been getting rid of so much stuff, but sometimes i wish i just had a garage or something... oh well.