*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, April 9, 2010

Dare 2 Share Weekend Photos I Should Have Taken

I hardly took any pictures during the weekend in Chicago for the Dare 2 Share conference. So, here are the memories captured in my mind that I should have taken pictures of.

* The sunny blue sky ALL DAY Friday

* Betty and I with our hands in the toilet tank at a gas station fixing it for the girls.

* Alanna and Rebecca having a contest to see who could get the most people to wave at them.

* Darin with his orange hunting hat seemingly permanently attached to his head.

* The balding guy with a faux-hawk. (Sorry Pastor Ryan)

* A lady trying to reason a small dog into moving out the door at Subway. ( I didn't see that one, just heard about it)

* All of the confiscated water bottles at the entrance of the Arena.

* The signs at the concession stand announcing $4 bottles of water and $5 pops. (so that's why we couldn't take water bottles in with us)

* Snow covering the ground and cars ALL DAY Saturday.

* Pastor Ryan and I constantly squeegy-ing the windows on the INSIDE of the van to keep them clear. (Yes, with a squeegy)

* My prideful smile when I finally got the windows to stay dry.

* My embarassment when the windows fogged up again. (11 chatterboxes and a walkie talkie addict all putting too much breath in the air) :)

* Matt scanning an arena full of like 5000 kids searching for the ONE with the laser pointer. And He DID find him!

* Rebecca and Alanna having a dance off with some boys. (no photos, but I did get some video of that one) :)

* Thad's blue mouth from a snowcone. (Oh yeah, I did get a picture of that)

* Dan taking representations of the whole groups guilts and laying them at the cross for us.

* Pastor Ryan giving away both of his coats to freezing children. (Clara and Reanna)

* Zane and Greg in their Kung Fu Gospel video.

* Propaganda when he pulled me up on the stage and we rapped together. (Oh yeah, no picture because it didn't really happen) :)

* Starfield leading AWESOME Worship!

* The whole group hugging Zane.

* Clara and some of the other kids telling their waiter about the Gospel!

* Kevin, Thad, and I rapping in the van. (really happened)

* The kids sleeping on the 5 1/2 hour drive home Saturday/Sunday morning.

* The 100 empty Red Bull cans in the van trash can at the end of the weekend. (ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit)

And the last picture I wish I could have taken is

* The feeling we get when we are close to God, close enough to worship Him in the ways He wants us to. :) It was such a great weekend!

No comments: