*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, April 9, 2010

FrEaKy! fReAkY!

This is a "note" I shared on Facebook recently and I just thought I would post it to my blog as well.

I just heard the song "Jesus Freak"! I know it is a super old song, but I never heard it before. Anyway, I think that I want to be a Jesus Freak! I'm thinking about the way I worship. Thinking about WHO I worship! When I'm in Church or even at home or in the car singing worship songs, am I really worshipping God or just singing along with a nice song? If God loved us so much that he sent his Son to die for us and He is willing to forget our sins and He wants to have an intimate relationship with us, isn't that something to be excited about? We sing that He Is Worthy! But do we give Him what He is worth! Do we honor Him in the way He deserves? If we aren't going to give Him His Worth then let's not even sing to Him that He is Worthy. It's like luke warm water that He spits out and it makes Him sick. Be Hot or Cold He says. Don't say one thing and do another.

I want to be obedient to God because I love Him! I love Him for all that He has done for me and just for How much He loves me! He is infinitely bigger than I am, but He loves me deeply and cares about me even though He doesn't HAVE to! So often during the Worship service, I want to raise my hands to Him, Lift my face to Him, Close my eyes and feel myself in His presence! We ARE IN HIS PRESENCE! Sometimes I want to shout "Woo Hoo!" Or "Yay God!" or "God is Good!" But most of the time I don't do any of that. Most of the time my heart feels as if it could burst at any moment because it is so full of Joy that I am not expressing! I hide the Joy because I'm worried about what other people will think of me! I hide my JOY in CHURCH of all places!!! Hello?!?!? If there is anywhere that we should express our Joy I think that Church is a good place to start. Aren't we there to Worship Him? To Praise Him? To Adore Him? To Honor Him? To give Him all that we are, laying our life down and letting His Spirit fill us with love, joy, and songs that overflow to HIM!

Worrying about what others think is not consistent with obeying God. Worrying is Fear and I think that if we let Fear in Church, we are letting Satan in Church! Sounds pretty rough huh? Sounds harsh? But isn't it True? Satan is real! There is nothing He wants more than distracting us from the TRUTH! He wants us to be afraid. He wants us to worry! He wants us to be concerned with others watching us. GOD IS WATCHING US!!!!! The virtue of the month is HONESTY, so we ought to be honest.

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful. Proverbs 12:22 Do we want God to DETEST us in Church?!?! Let's give Him what we truthfully feel He deserves! Let's be honest with God and ask Him what He wants from us and be obedient to Him. He may not tell everyone to worship in the same way, but he does want us all to worship in some way.

I'm excited about Easter! Jesus was dead and buried for 3 days! He was dead, as dead as anyone who dies! He was dead, wrapped up, still, not breathing, silent, buried for THREE DAYS! Then, on that third day, He came back to Life!!! It wasn't like when we pass away and our souls slip out of our bodies into Heaven while our body stays in the ground decaying, His BODY and ALL That He was came back to Life!!! He walked and talked on the Earth after that. His friends saw Him, Heard Him, Felt Him! He was real and He was really alive! What could be more exciting or worthy of praise than that?

Anyways, something to think about. I'm praying and going to try so hard to be obedient to God from now on, especially in the matter of worship, because He SO Deserves it! Just sharing my heart with Ya'll so you don't freak out if you see me TRULY Worshipping God at Church! He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!!!!!

Love, Shea

No comments: