*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Monday, August 29, 2016

Home School 2016


We are taking on a new adventure this year...Homeschooling!  Ben and Emily have wanted to try it in the past and I've thought of it as well. This year we decided to do it!  

We are excited about it and I'm also a little nervous about it. I really want to do it well. I think it's a great opportunity to spend time together and encourage the children while teaching.  I'm hoping we will grow spiritually too.  Part of our school day will include Bible reading and memorizing Scripture. 

I'm looking forward to relearning a few things myself and growing with my children.  This year it will be just our twins, Ben and Emily. They are in 7th grade. Jesse's too young yet for official school, but I will be working with him on letters, numbers, etc. as well as practicing his weekly Cubbies verse for AWANA. 

Our curriculum came the other day, a full load!  Excited and a bit nervous as I look at it and attempt to organize it.  We plan to start when our public school starts, the day after Labor Day.  We've joined a Home School group and I think that will be a great resource for us as well as a great place to make more friends. 

If you pray, please pray with me that we will have a wonderful year learning together at home. Homeschooling may not be for everyone, but I hope it will work well for us. 





1 comment:

Ellen said...

You will do great Shea!