*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Friday, November 18, 2016

October 2016

October was busy and a lot of fun. 

Ben had a field trip with his Biology class from our Homeschool Group. I took Ben and Jesse along too. We went to the Carl T. Johnson Center in Cadillac to collect specimens and swamp water for the kids to study. Ben noticed this weird looking spider that looked like it had a shell like a hermit crab. I tried looking it up and I think it is some sort of Orb Weaver.


I think Jesse's favorite thing on our walk was seeing frogs. He wanted to try to catch them, but I wouldn't let him. It was a chilly day and I didn't want him getting wet.

Ben caught and then released 3 salamanders.



We celebrated Allison's 20th Birthday! Hard to believe that Tim and I have such an "old" daughter.


This Mama hen has decided she wants to hatch some eggs. She did hatch 2, but only 1 survived. At one point, she was sitting on about 15 eggs!!

My Mom, Allison, and I got to do a painting class with a group of ladies at our Church. We had so much fun! We've wanted to do one of these classes for a while now, and were glad we finally got to try it out. 









Our niece got married in October. Here's a photo of our family at the Wedding. It was a wonderful day and a fun wedding. 

The kids and I spent a day at Geer's Farm. We go there every year, mostly for the delicious, freshly made donuts and hot apple cider. The kids enjoy seeing and petting animals as well. Jesse got to ride a barrel train this year.  We met my mom and dad there along with my brother's family. It was a great family day!











We always get our Halloween pumpkins from Norman's Farm. :)

I let Jesse pick a really big one this year!




Allison's Hogwart's Jack-O-Lantern


Clara carved Winnie the Pooh

Here's Jesse's 4 eyed monster

And here is Emily's creative guy

Ben was bow hunting so he didn't get to carve with the other kids. 

Jesse Bear turned 4 in October!

His favorite gifts were all the Legos he received. He loves Legos!!!


Jesse with his new Lego mug!

One day we went to Gramma and Grampa's house and carved some more Jack-o-lanterns.


My nephews were there that day too. We all took a walk back to the Pine River.


Trick-Or-Treat! Jesse was Thor, and I was Thor's hammer, Mjolner. Ben was a hunter (like he is almost every year) and Emily was a fairy. She made the wings herself! We went to 3 Church Trunk-or-Treats including my parent's Church. It was a lot of fun and the kids got tons of goodies!!!

No comments: