*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mother/Daughter Getaway 2009

June 11-14th My Mom, sisters, and I went to New Buffalo, Michigan for our annual Mother/Daughter Getaway. Every year we go to a new place. We had a great time this year at the New Buffalo Inn and Spa. We rented a great little cabin, did a little bit of shopping, played our favorite card game, ate yummy food, and even had spa treatments. Here are some pictures from our trip.

Bobbi Jo, Mom, Grandma Irene, Me, Tricia, and Jen. We had a nice visit with my Grandma. We don't get to visit her very often.

Here is our cute little cabin for the weekend.



Bobbi and Tricia's room


The dining room

The living room


Mom's room


Me and Jen's room


The dining room


The kitchen


This is part of a yummy breakfast that Trish made for us.




This is me after my really relaxing massage.


At the spa


This is me after getting ready for dinner. I even curled my bangs. :)



We had dinner at the Tabor Hill Winery.


They sell these beautiful and delicious chocolates at the winery.






Aren't they pretty?




Smoked salmon canapes


Asparagus and morel tart


Thinly sliced beef tenderloin with capers, asiago cheese, and grilled bread.


A blurry photo of skewer appetizers. Beef, chicken, and veggie, each with it's own dipping sauce.


Another blurry shot of fried cheese and crab cakes.


Chicken and barley soup


Cream of asparagus soup


Mini sandwiches, chicken, beef, and tuna


Ravioli and Pesto Chicken Pizza


Tempura prawns and veggies


Bok Choy and Sesame Peanut noodles


Beef or Buffalo burrito


Salad


Tropical cake


White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cheesecake


More pictures of the pretty chocolates.



Trish in the doorknob



A beautiful blue house in New Buffalo


Tricia, Mom, me, Bobbi, and Jen


Tim and the kids met us in New Buffalo on Sunday so that we could go visit some relatives down state. We met at a place called "Oinks". :)

1 comment:

sarah jane said...

wow! nice food photos, shea! the chocolat e ones made me hungry. looks like you guys had a nice time, i hope you get to go again!

New BUffalo is such a neat little town, there is a shop there with some of the prettiest pottery i have ever seen. it's Vietnamese- all blues and greens and earthy streaks. [sigh] oh, to have money....