*** WELCOME! ***

This is a blog about my life, my family, and photos that I take. It's a place where I can quickly record what's going on in my life and post pictures of the memories we make. You are welcome to read, view, and leave comments. :)

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Healthy Mama

When I found out I was pregnant with Jesse, I was scared. I had been diagnosed with type II diabetes a couple years earlier. I was very overweight at 250 pounds and new that I wasn't very healthy. Even though I had diabetes, I wasn't eating right or exercising. When I knew I was pregnant, I decided to start eating right and doing all I could to make sure my baby would be healthy.  I would have felt terrible if something happened to my precious baby because I wasn't taking care of myself properly.

While I was pregnant, I followed the Dr. and Nutritionist's advice and ate properly, watching my carbohydrates. I also tried to get some exercise most days, which mostly was just walking around our beautiful property.  Because of this, I actually lost weight while I was pregnant. I felt great and felt so healthy.

Jesse was 9 pounds 13 ounces when he was born and I had to have a cesarean section because he was so big and overdue.  The surgery went great though and I healed up really well.  He was born in October, and by that summer I was down to 200 pounds. Since having Jesse, I haven't had to be on diabetes medicine at all. I also am no longer on blood pressure medicine.

I am still overweight, but I can't believe how far I have come.  I have, in the past year been having a LOT of problems with my abdomen. We haven't found the problem yet, but I think it may be scar tissue from the c-section. Anyways, I try to not let that get me down. I still try to eat right and hope that if I can lose even more weight, I will feel better again. I just want to be healthy and live as long as I can, enjoying the wonderful life God has blessed me with!

Here are some photos of me, before I lost weight, while I was pregnant and afterwards. I am currently at  215 pounds (gained a little back), but hope to slowly lose more to be even more healthy.




These are the pants I was wearing before I was pregnant.

 On the left is at Disney, right before I found out I was pregnant. In the middle, I'm obviously very pregnant, and on the right is 2 months after having Jesse.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Shea, I am so proud of you! You have been working so hard. Keep it up!

Shea said...

Thanks Ellen! I am down more than when I posted this. Really excited for Spring to do a lot more walking, but also hoping to get motivated to exercise through this COLD winter. :)

Shea said...

"down more" in a good way, down another 7 pounds. :)